message.topic, conversation bug and storm tests

Mark Hammond

Aug 6, 2010, 3:26:23 AM8/6/10
to raindr...@googlegroups.com
I just pushed a fairly simple change to allow 'message.topic' to exist,
and removal of 'conversation.subject' as we discussed. I also made
simple changes to web/contacts/index.html and web/sketches/inflow.html
to use this instead of messages[0], but there (a) while they seem to
work I may have screwed something up and (b) there may be other places
which need that treatment.

One thing I wasn't sure of was whether 'messages' should still include
that 'topic' message - I guessed not. If it should, you probably need
to make a simple change in both storm/storm/controllers/conversations.py
and storm/storm/tests/functional/test_conversations.py. This also means
messages will be empty for conversations with a single message.

I also just discovered that conversation merging still isn't working
correctly - I'll fix that ASAP, but for now you will occasionally see
multiple conversations when there should be one.

Finally, mainly for Shane: I pushed some changes to storm tests:

* The storm test suite by default now uses
$tmp/raindrop_test_suite.sqlite and $tmp/raindrop_test_suite.blobs,
which is the same as the raindrop test suite. The databases are 'reset'
before each test. Some tests seemed to depend on the order they were
run to work, which I also fixed.

* I pushed some changes to allow the raindrop test corpora to be used
from the storm test suite. The only thing to take advantage of that so
far is functional/test_conversations, but we should also be able to
leverage this new stuff for many of the other skipped tests...

* Between storm and raindrop we now have > 100 tests :)

Cheers,

Mark

James Burke

Aug 6, 2010, 1:41:21 PM8/6/10
to raindr...@googlegroups.com
Cool, I'll scrub the rest of the templates/FE code for
subject/messages use. What you describe, the topic message not being
part of the messages array was my understanding on how it would work.

James

James Burke

Aug 6, 2010, 2:02:57 PM8/6/10
to raindr...@googlegroups.com
I completed the changes: there were some cases where we just wanted to
iterate over all messages in a conversation, including the topic one.
For that, I created a new jig template method allMessages. Pass it the
conversation object and it will give back topic message + all other
messages in one array.

James