Upgrading to Ruby 2.0

bparanj

May 26, 2014, 9:16:00 PM5/26/14
to railsmachin...@googlegroups.com
I changed the :ruby: directive in moonshine.yml to src200 , when I run cap ruby:upgrade

I get the following error:

.rvm/gems/ruby-2.0.0-p481@cahor/gems/capistrano-2.15.5/lib/capistrano/configuration/namespaces.rb:193:in `method_missing': undefined method
`src200' for #<Capistrano::Configuration::Namespaces::Namespace:0x000001016039a0> (NoMethodError)

The Wiki does not have src200 as one of the options but there is a commit that has added support for Ruby 2.0. How can I upgrade to Ruby 2.0 ? TIA.

Kevin Lawver

May 26, 2014, 9:19:22 PM5/26/14
to railsmachin...@googlegroups.com
Did you update Moonshine?  You should probably go right to :src21railsexpress and skip 2.0.

Make sure moonshine is up to date, and then it should work.

bparanj

May 27, 2014, 9:36:03 PM5/27/14
to railsmachin...@googlegroups.com
I was able to upgrade ruby to 2.1.2.

Since I am using Rails 3, I upgraded Moonshine by running:
script/rails plugin install git://github.com/railsmachine/moonshine.git --force

I did not run

script/rails generate moonshine

I am retaining the old generated files.

Kevin Lawver

May 28, 2014, 7:04:37 AM5/28/14
to railsmachin...@googlegroups.com
That's fine, you just need to make sure you have the latest moonshine.