mongodb clients only

Jamie Orchard-Hays

Mar 20, 2014, 11:15:14 AM3/20/14
to railsmachin...@googlegroups.com
Hey all:

I'm running Moonshine multi-server. I use the MoonshineMongodb plugin to manage my mongo server. I also install the Ubuntu Precise mongodb client packages on my non-mongodb servers. However, these are only at Mongo 2.0.4 and I've now run into a blocking problem with a script on a client machine against this.

I need (and for consistency of deployments, want) to deploy the same client versions as my server version. Is there an easy way to either:

* just deploy the 2.4.x clients
* or deploy the Mongodb package and not have the Mongodb server automatically start up

I'll take any other reasonable options.

Cheers,

Jamie

Jamie Orchard-Hays

Mar 21, 2014, 2:30:41 PM3/21/14
to railsmachin...@googlegroups.com
Here's my (working) solution:

Manifest code:

configure :mongodb => build_mongodb_configuration
recipe :mongodb, :turn_off_mongodb_service

def turn_off_mongodb_service
service 'mongodb',
:ensure => :stopped,
:status => 'initctl status mongodb | grep running',
:start => 'initctl start mongodb',
:stop => 'initctl stop mongodb',
:restart => 'initctl restart mongodb',
:provider => :base,