Yet another issue with sqlite3

Wesley Lance

Apr 3, 2019, 9:32:29 PM4/3/19
to RailsInstaller
This one gemfile has been giving me more trouble than everything else related to the language combined. I'm trying to get Rails set up, but I get a "Could not create Makefile due to some reason, probably lack of necessary
libraries and/or headers." error every time.

I'll quickly walk through everything I've done thus far.

  • Downloaded and ran the rubyinstaller windows installer
  • Downloaded the sqlite source code from sqlite.org and extracted it into C:\RailsInstaller\DevKit\home\Wesley\sqlite\sqlite-autoconf-3270200
  • Ran the msys executable and then:
    • Executed ./configure
    • Executed make
    • Executed make install
  • Executed gem install sqlite3 -- --with-sqlite3-include=C:\RailsInstaller\DevKit\home\Wesley\sqlite\sqlite-autoconf-3270200 --with-sqlite3-lib=C:\RailsInstaller\DevKit\home\Wesley\sqlite\sqlite-autoconf-3270200
The last step prints the aforementioned error.

What am I doing wrong here?

I will not be switching to unix unless there is absolutely no choice whatsoever.

Darrell Sanderlin

Apr 3, 2019, 10:37:39 PM4/3/19
to railsin...@googlegroups.com
I tried everything and kept running into the Windows brick wall.  Dual boot Unix and all is fine.

Darrell Sanderlin

Itai Shi

Apr 4, 2019, 2:24:51 AM4/4/19
to railsin...@googlegroups.com
you can join our new group in Telegram, called:
"ruby on rails - english".