Old rails not compatible with new gems?

Joseph Hall

Nov 8, 2019, 3:26:13 PM11/8/19
to RailsInstaller
Hi,

Have used Rails installer and upon first use I am getting the following issue when starting a new project:-

Gem::InstallError: rubyzip requires Ruby version >= 2.4.
An error occurred while installing rubyzip (2.0.0), and Bundler cannot continue.
Make sure that `gem install rubyzip -v '2.0.0'` succeeds before bundling.

Is there a quick way to update the ruby version as when I uninstalled and installed ruby on its own and then dev kit etc i kept getting a sqlite problem which I could not fathom either?

I have never found a code environment so difficult to get working on a windows machine,

muganda dizo

Nov 18, 2019, 12:57:37 AM11/18/19
to railsin...@googlegroups.com
You could want to use a Windows subsystem to develop in Ruby or rails

muganda dizo

Nov 18, 2019, 12:59:40 AM11/18/19
to railsin...@googlegroups.com
Windows subsystem is Ubuntu Linux running on Windows. You can find in the windows store. You'll find working in it a beeeze

Joseph Hall

Nov 20, 2019, 4:28:50 PM11/20/19
to RailsInstaller
Yeah I have come across the many problems between running rails straight on Windows, problem is I am not an experienced coder so I want as simple solution as possible for my app, I have persevered with Rails but developing in the Google Cloud shell and App engine so have avoided the problems below but now get more problems!

muganda dizo

Nov 21, 2019, 3:19:56 AM11/21/19
to railsin...@googlegroups.com
You can install Ubuntu on Windows via the windows subsystem then go ahead and use rails and Ruby on it you won't get those compatibility issue s