i am having issue installing sqlite3

CHRISTOPHER OGWUCHE

Jan 3, 2019, 2:31:07 PM1/3/19
to RailsInstaller
kindly help, i have install rail and ruby but sqlite3 not working

muganda dizo

Jan 8, 2019, 5:28:22 AM1/8/19
to railsin...@googlegroups.com
rails comes with sqlite by default what is not working

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 10:31 PM CHRISTOPHER OGWUCHE <primech...@gmail.com> wrote:
kindly help, i have install rail and ruby but sqlite3 not working

Rahil Arshad

Mar 22, 2019, 3:35:24 PM3/22/19
to RailsInstaller
when I create new app it shows Gem::Ext::BuildError: ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension. sqlite3.h is missing. Install SQLite3 from http://www.sqlite.org/ first.

Darrell Sanderlin

Mar 22, 2019, 3:40:26 PM3/22/19
to railsin...@googlegroups.com
Windows machine?  I quit the windows SQL rails problem as I tried all Google answers.  Finally, ade my windows machine dual boot Ubuntu.  It can work if you install Postgresql on the windows box.

Darrell Sanderlin

Rahil Arshad

Mar 23, 2019, 11:14:22 AM3/23/19
to railsin...@googlegroups.com
Now I have also moved to Ubuntu like you, but there r confusing materials in the internet. Can u recommend me some sources where I can get correct guides and tutorials for getting started as a beginner?
Thank you!
Regards,
Rahil Arshad
Paderborn University
Paderborn, Germany

Itai

Mar 23, 2019, 1:20:32 PM3/23/19
to RailsInstaller
hi,
i also moved to Ubunto ,
i am new to Ubuntu and Ruby on Rails,

shis is the best Tutrial i had seen till now :

now i am struggle chapter 1.4.2 ,
Heroku cant use Sqlite3, and i need to use Postgres,
but Heroku also cant use old Ruby Version like the one that is using in this tutorial 2.0.0.

will glad to get help from you guys.

thanks.