Announcing Rails Camp USA - East Coast, 2016

Lachlan Hardy

Nov 16, 2015, 11:33:52 PM11/16/15
to rails-...@googlegroups.com, rail...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, that's right, folks.

There was a pretty epic testing of the waters in September in the Stanislaus Nation Forest in Northern California, so we're bringing Rails Camp to New York!

Why would you fly all that way, you ask?

Because it's Rails Camp. Because people demanded that Australian Rubyists moving to New York organise a Rails Camp in New York. Because you've never hung out with Rubyists in a historic location like the Ashokan Center in the heart of the Catskills - potentially while it's still got some snow. Because teaching other people how to Rails Camp is incredible fun, as the ~20 Aussies who attended the one in California will tell you.

Also, if enough people are interested, we'll have blacksmithing and cider-making. Because *historical*.

Conveniently, we're holding it smack bang between Ruby on Ales and RailsConf. Do whichever two of them takes your fancy. Hell, do all three!

We announced tickets this afternoon. People have already started buying them. This is epic and wonderful. You have 4 months to work out how to join them. Buy the tickets now and make sure you're in on the adventure.

Even if you can't make it work this time, please tweet about it, or forward this email. Tell your friends, your colleagues, your boss, that founder you know who totally wants to sponsor community events.

We've only just started a new offshoot of the Rails Camp community in the US. It's small, and needs help to grow. If you can support it in any way, please do.

<3s

Elle Meredith,
& Lachlan Hardy