Ruby Australia AGM - 14th June 2015

Pat Allan

May 10, 2015, 11:25:42 PM5/10/15
to rail...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone

As per usual, there will be an Annual General Meeting for Ruby Australia at the upcoming Rails Camp at Broken Bay, on Sunday the 14th of June. It’ll be happening in the afternoon, probably around 3pm for an hour or so (though we’ll play it by ear a little depending on how Rails Camp is flowing).

These meetings are for hearing about what’s been happening in the Australian Ruby scene with event organising and other community efforts (both Rails Camp and RubyConf AU are organised under the banner of Ruby Australia). By attending Rails Camp, you become a voting member of Ruby Australia - although there’s certainly no obligation to attend the meeting.

The current agenda is:

* Welcome
* Apologies
* Keith Pitt
* Motion to accept previous meeting’s minutes
* Committee Reports:
* Treasurer’s Report
* President’s Report
* Event Reports:
* RubyConf AU 2015 (Melbourne)
* RubyConf AU 2016 (Gold Coast)
* Rails Camp 16 (Perth, November 2014)
* Rails Camp 17 (Sydney, June 2015)
* Rails Camp 18 (?? 2015)
* Rails Camp 19 (?? 2016)
* Event Sponsorship
* Committee Roles
* Committee Elections
* Vice President
* General Members x 4
* General Business

The minutes from the previous meeting are available here:
http://ruby.org.au/general_meetings/2014-11-15.html

The current committee is listed on our website as well:
http://ruby.org.au/committee-members.html

It’s worth noting that we seek to have a diverse committee, with a mix of genders, experience levels, locations, etc. Nominations for committee positions are usually raised at the meeting, but they’re certainly welcome beforehand.

If you wish to nominate someone but you won’t be present at the meeting, please send through a statement to me indicating who the nominee is, that they accept your nomination, the role you’re nominating them for, and why you’d like to see them in that role.

If there’s anything else you wish to be raised at this meeting, even if you won’t be present, please get in touch with me directly (as per usual, I’ll be chairing the meeting) - p...@freelancing-gods.com.

Kind regards,

Pat Allan
On behalf of Ruby Australia