Rental car ride to/from the camp to share

Marcelo Alcantara

Mar 2, 2014, 10:51:18 PM3/2/14
to rail...@googlegroups.com
 Hi All,

 I am renting a car as I have to leave later on Friday and leave the camp on Sunday.

 I will leave from Christchurch Airport Friday @ 5pm and leave the camp to the Airport Sunday @ 4pm.

 Someone wants to share the car and costs with me? I have 2 places on it.

 Cheers
 Marcelo

Dylan FM

Mar 6, 2014, 3:37:17 PM3/6/14
to rail...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marcelo,

It appears my flight is delayed, which means I'll miss the bus. Could be arriving about 5pm. Could I take you up on the offer of shaing a car?

Only complication is that I have a surfboard with me... I have travel roof racks packed too, so shouldn't be a prob if the car is large enough or has 4 doors to set them up. I have fit boards in surprisingly small cars before though :)

My email is dylan dot fm at gmail.

Dylan

Marcelo Alcantara

Mar 6, 2014, 3:57:22 PM3/6/14
to rail...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dylan,

The car I booked is a Rav4. We can try to fit it.

How can we meet? My mobile is 021 0612324.

I could suggest we meet at the Avis store?

Cheers
Marcelo

--
Marcelo Alcantara
Senior Developer/Architect

Philip Arndt

Mar 6, 2014, 4:06:28 PM3/6/14
to rail...@googlegroups.com

Dylan FM

Mar 6, 2014, 7:21:26 PM3/6/14
to rail...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic, thanks Marcelo. My mobile is 027 804 4542. I'll go to the Avis counter. I'm wearing a grey "ship it" tee. I expect the Rav 4 will be great for fitting the board. I'm on EK 418 (code share QF 8766) due to arrive at CHC at 5pm (if the delay doesn't change).

Thanks! Was worried I'd be stuck at CHC :)

Dylan

Philip Arndt

Mar 6, 2014, 7:26:26 PM3/6/14
to rail...@googlegroups.com
There may be others in the same situation. Up to you though, I'm nearly at the mountain so reception will be gone. Liaise with @aupajo if possible so he knows whether to wait with busses. Thanks!

Dylan FM

Mar 6, 2014, 7:39:47 PM3/6/14
to rail...@googlegroups.com
Just messaged Pete. Boarding now so will be offline.