Re: [workshops] Digest for railsbridge-workshops@googlegroups.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic

Carmen

Jul 6, 2011, 2:46:09 PM7/6/11
to railsbridg...@googlegroups.com, railsbrid...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jerry and all

Your assumption where correct. I  copied all the files from the subdirectory x64 to the C:\Windows\system32. I'm running 64bit .
Actually, these are the steps I followed:

1. Downloaded and unzip the file from http://adoxa.110mb.com/ansicon
2. Opened cmd and navigate to the unzipped folder
3. Verified the OS (keys "windows + pause", also brings the System Screen) and navigate to x64 (I'm 64bit)
4. Copied all the files from the subdirectory x64 to the C:\Windows\system32.
5. Typed ansicon.exe -i

That didn't work. So, I checked my variables and set the path to system32 (both, system and user's variables). It didn't work either.

Then, I wrote an email to RailsInstaller and  they also mentioned the same thing:  Check my OS and the if 32 bit, copy all the files from the subdirectory 'x86' of the downloaded files to C:\Windows\system32, or if 64 bit, copy all the files from the subdirectory 'x64' of the downloaded files to C:\Windows\system32. They also said that copying those files into system32 isn't a good practice. And suggested to set ansicon where the ruby/bin is.

So I deleted ansicon's files from system32 (by hand oops.... I know I know, bad practice) and removed the paths so I can start everything from scratch. I am still getting  the same message when I go to cms or cms for Ruby on Rails (the RailsInstaller console)
    '"C:\Windows\system32\ansicon.exe"' is not recognized as an internal or
    external command,

I haven't used Windows for 5 years now. I can't even remember what was the last version I used but I do remember that there is some sort of autorun or run path. Sorry if what I'm saying doesn't make sense. But I really don't understand how can I'm still getting that msg when I don't have ansicon files anymore. The files doesn't exists in C:\Windows\system32\ansicon.exe anymore and don't have any path set.

I will really need some help on this. Some expert in windows around?

Thanks,
Carmen

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 8:44 AM, Jerry Wheeler <gwhe...@enphaseenergy.com> wrote:
Going on the assumption that you copied the ansicon.exe file to the system32 directory as follows:

  • If your OS is 32 bit, copy all the files from the subdirectory 'x86' of the downloaded files to C:\Windows\system32
  • If your OS is 64 bit, copy all the files from the subdirectory 'x64' of the downloaded files to C:\Windows\system32
Then my guess would be you're running a 32-bit machine and copied the 64-bit version (it should still work if you did it the other way around). Double-check the system32 directory and make sure it's there, then verify that you've got the correct 32 or 64-bit version in the directory. Verify which OS you have using the instructions:

In Windows 7 or Vista, from the Start menu, type system in the Start Search box, and then click system in the Programs list. System Type under System will say whether it's a 32 or 64 bit Operating System

On Windows 7 at least, the item you want comes up under the Control Panel heading.

Jerry

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 3:26 AM, <railsbridge-wo...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/railsbridge-workshops/topics

    Carmen <carmen.di...@gmail.com> Jul 05 06:41PM -0700 ^

    Hi All

    I'm trying to configure colours on a Windows Vista machine, base on

    http://www.wiki.devchix.com/index.php?title=WindowsInstaller_-_Rails_3

    I'm using my client's brad new Windows Vista machine.

    I'm getting this message with Command Prompt Ruby on Rails.

    # Rails Environment Configuration.
    '"C:\Windows\system32\ansicon.exe"' is not recognized as an internal or
    external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    '"C:\Windows\system32\ansicon.exe"' is not recognized as an internal or
    external command,

    Any thoughts?

    Thank you!

    --
    Carmencita

The Next Generation Microinverter is here ...

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy, disclose or distribute this message. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Carmencita

tpc...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2011, 6:02:01 PM7/6/11
to Carmen, railsbrid...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Carmen <carmen.di...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Yo no se, lo hice en mi computador, y lo trabajo.  I also have a Windows Vista machine, with no prior instance of ansicon, and it was as simple as copying the contents of x86 into c:/windows/system32 and running "ansicon -e".   I didn't even have to close and restart my cmd.  If only there were some experts in Windows who could help you.  Something else I notice, though,is you're looking for autorun, and the following is from the readme.txt:

Alternatively,
    use option `-i' (or `-I') to install it permanently, by adding an entry
    to CMD.EXE's AutoRun registry value (current user or local machine,
    respectively).  Uninstall simply involves closing any programs that are
    currently using it, running with `-u' (and again with `-U') to remove
    the AutoRun entry/ies, then removing the directory from PATH or deleting
    the files.    No other changes are made.

Are you trying to uninstall or install ansicon ?

Thuon