rails_best_practices stack with big app

zacky az

Feb 9, 2011, 10:39:32 AM2/9/11
to rails_best_practices
Hi,

i am running rails_best_practices ver 0.6.6 on jruby 1.5.1 (windows)

i found some strange behaver
1) i try to run it on app with ~393 files and 61 folders
it just stack.

when i remove some files and run it with 345 file and 61 folders is is
working ok.

huang zhimin

Feb 9, 2011, 9:56:26 PM2/9/11
to rails_best...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I never tried rails_best_practices on jruby, the problem is wierd, I guess just some special files break the rails_best_practices. Could you try to find them out? Like recovering the removed files one by one and run the rails_best_practices.

Thanks

zacky az

Feb 10, 2011, 3:34:13 AM2/10/11
to rails_best_practices
Hi,

Thank, I switch to ruby 1.9.1 and it is working perfect

Regards Zacky

On Feb 10, 4:56 am, huang zhimin <flyer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I never tried rails_best_practices on jruby, the problem is wierd, I guess
> just some special files break the rails_best_practices. Could you try to
> find them out? Like recovering the removed files one by one and run the
> rails_best_practices.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 11:39 PM, zacky az <zacky.azou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > i am running rails_best_practices ver 0.6.6 on jruby 1.5.1 (windows)
>
> > i found some strange behaver
> > 1)  i try to run it on app with ~393 files and 61 folders
> > it just stack.
>
> > when i remove some files and run it with 345 file and 61 folders is is
> > working ok.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Richard Huang
> flyer...@gmail.com
>
> http://www.huangzhimin.com
>  <http://www.huangzhimin.com>http://rails-bestpractices.comhttp://www.rubyslide.comhttp://github.com/flyerhzm
> @flyerhzm

andre

Mar 29, 2011, 4:04:38 AM3/29/11
to rails_best_practices
Hi,

I'm experiencing this same problem and I have isolated some of the
files that break rails_best_practices.
I could not find any specificity in these files that I can't find in
any other...
One of them is really simple and small..

Can you provide-me some debug method or any other way I can figure out
what the problem is?

Thanks

On Feb 10, 3:56 am, huang zhimin <flyer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I never tried rails_best_practices on jruby, the problem is wierd, I guess
> just some special files break the rails_best_practices. Could you try to
> find them out? Like recovering the removed files one by one and run the
> rails_best_practices.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 11:39 PM, zacky az <zacky.azou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > i am running rails_best_practices ver 0.6.6 on jruby 1.5.1 (windows)
>
> > i found some strange behaver
> > 1)  i try to run it on app with ~393 files and 61 folders
> > it just stack.
>
> > when i remove some files and run it with 345 file and 61 folders is is
> > working ok.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Richard Huang

andre

Mar 29, 2011, 4:15:54 AM3/29/11
to rails_best_practices
Hi,

I can provide an example of a simple file that breaks
rails_best_practices:

module Xpto

class FuTypes < BaseTypes

# list Fu types
def self.list_fu_types
fu_types = FuType.all
log_debug(FOO_NAME, "index", "Searched for Fu_types without
filter Found #{fu_types.length}")

return fu_types
end
end