Add and remove applications at runtime

tobstarr

Oct 25, 2012, 2:46:47 AM10/25/12
to rails-t...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to add and remove rack applications to/from a server at runtime? Preferable by updating the config fle and sending the server a signal to reload the config.

If not, are here any plans of implementing ha feature or any alternative servers which provide hat functionality?

Thanx,

Tobias

kares

Oct 26, 2012, 1:15:48 AM10/26/12
to rails-t...@googlegroups.com

 Hey, I was actually thinking about that unfortunately I have a few else to handle around JRuby-Rack & Triniad thus I'm not sure when I'll get to it.

Feel free to open an issue I shall label it as a feature requests - you can still deploy and configure a dummy app and then update it with the real one.
However it does not solve removing - you should once again deploy a dummy instead of the real one.

However, I think TorqueBox does provide this functionality ... feel free to check it out.

K.

tobstarr

Oct 26, 2012, 6:48:42 AM10/26/12
to rails-t...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your reply. I already started looking into TorqueBox. That might be a better fit for my needs.