JRuby 1.7.1 / Rails 3.2.11/ Trinidad 1.4.4 problems with encoding UTF-8

mmart...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2013, 1:15:32 PM1/24/13
to rails-t...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I'm having some problems with characters recognition with encoding UTF-8.
Recentely I updated versions to:
JRuby 1.7.1
Rails 3.2.11
Trinidad 1.4.4

The only way I find to my Trinidad server recognize UTF-8 is defining my command line environment with one of this variables:
JRUBY_OPTS=-J-Dfile.encoding=utf8
JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS="-Dfile.encoding=UTF8"

Do you have any solution?

Best regards.

Cumprimentos,
Marco Martins

kares

Jan 25, 2013, 3:30:32 AM1/25/13
to rails-t...@googlegroups.com

 Hi Marco, not sure but this might be a JRuby encoding issue - maybe try JRuby 1.7.2 just in case it really is.

Otherwise (if that does not help) - could you shows a sample gist snippet with a quide on how to set this up ?

Thx, K.