How to change the location of logging?

Tim Olsen

Sep 10, 2012, 4:01:06 PM9/10/12
to rails-t...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I used to be able to change the location of the Rails log file by placing "config.paths['log'] = ..." in application.rb .  Since moving to trinidad, however, I've noticed that no longer works.  My Rails log file is ending up inside the log directory in my Rails app.  The trinidad README.md mentions that logging will become more configurable in the next 1.4.x release.  Does anyone know of a workaround in the interim?

Thanks,
Tim

kares

Sep 11, 2012, 3:01:08 AM9/11/12
to rails-t...@googlegroups.com

 Hey Tim, setting :log_dir globally (in case you're only running one app or set it in in the appropriate web-app configuration section) should change the logs directory.

Btw. you definitely me a beer now, if that works :) !

K.

Tim Olsen

Sep 11, 2012, 6:51:10 AM9/11/12
to rails-t...@googlegroups.com
lol.  I owe you several at this point ;-)

--
Has recibido este mensaje porque estás suscrito al grupo "Rails Trinidad" de Grupos de Google.
Para ver este debate en la Web, visita https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rails-trinidad/-/0wzaPtLuYAAJ.

Para publicar una entrada en este grupo, envía un correo electrónico a rails-t...@googlegroups.com.
Para anular tu suscripción a este grupo, envía un correo electrónico a rails-trinida...@googlegroups.com
Para tener acceso a más opciones, visita el grupo en http://groups.google.com/group/rails-trinidad?hl=es.