Connecting to Tiny_TDS/Azure through proxy

Ajay Nayak

Jul 15, 2015, 3:37:26 PM7/15/15
to rails-sqlse...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm facing while trying to connect to Azure through proxy but the same code works from my home network. I'm using Tiny_TDS version 0.6.2.

I'm doing the following

1. Created an environment variable for proxy details (proxy address is http://someaddress.com:8080)
2. Ran the following through irb
conn = TinyTds::Client.new username: user[:username], host: user[:host], password: user[:password], database: user[:database], azure:true

3. Getting the following error after running the code

TinyTds::Error: Unable to connect: Adaptive Server is unavailable or does not exist (DBServer.database.windows.net)

Am I missing any other configurations?

Thanks,
Ajay Nayak

KLausG

Jul 17, 2015, 5:35:23 AM7/17/15
to rails-sqlse...@googlegroups.com, ajayn...@gmail.com
Normally a proxy only knows protocols like HTTP, HTTPS, FTP.
Are you sure your proxy is able to forward the TDS protocol ??