SqlServer 2008 and rails 4.2

GPad

Nov 20, 2015, 5:36:14 PM11/20/15
to Rails SQLServer Adapter
Hi to all,
I'm working on a rails app v4.2 and I need to connect to version of MsSqlServer 2008.

If I use the gem compatible with rails 4.2 I connect to server but I have some problems, executing some queries. I see that gem version 4.2 is compatible with MsSQL 2012 or higher. If I try to use gem version 4.1 with rails 4.2 (I fork the gem and patch the dependencies) it doesn't work.

Can somebody help me to find a solution? I could try fix the gem v4.2 to work with old MSSQLserver or try to upgrade the gem 4.1 to work with rails 4.2. What is the more simple solution?
Can anybody give some hints about the two possible solution?

Thanks and bye
Gianluca

Ken Collins

Nov 20, 2015, 6:33:07 PM11/20/15
to rails-sqlse...@googlegroups.com
Please read all the comments here:

Most of my time is going to making TinyTDS stronger with the latest FreeTDS, General Rails 4.2 and up happiness with Azure, and Rails 5 upgrades. If you are on 2008, you must stick with Rails 4.1.

 - Ken

Gianluca Padovani

Nov 21, 2015, 8:23:12 AM11/21/15
to rails-sqlse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ken,
thanks for your response, I read the issue and I understand the situation. I downgrade to rails 4.1 but it's a pity that a DB version block the migration to a new framework version. If there is anyone interested in sponsorship the work and Ken is availably I cloud put some effort on it.

thanks and bye
Gianluca