[JOB] Mid/Senior Rails Developer Positions

Jonathon Batson

Dec 8, 2020, 3:28:53 AM12/8/20
to Ruby or Rails Oceania
About us

ReadyTech (ASX:RDY) is a leading provider of mission-critical people management software for educators, employers and facilitators of career transitions.

We provide modern, cloud-based technology in the exciting environments of EdTech and HRTech.

The opportunity

We’re looking for a number of Ruby on Rails Engineers (mid/senior) to join our growing agile engineering team. Our engineers play a fundamental role in the full software life cycle, shaping the design and architecture of our mission-critical SaaS applications.

This role will join an existing Australian based team of engineers.  While all roles are based in Sydney and we prefer local developers, remote applicants will also be reviewed.

What you’ll be doing:
  • Work with the Product and Engineering teams to plan, design and develop software solutions
  • Actively seek opportunities to improve processes
  • Actively participate in all agile ceremonies
  • Mentor junior level engineers
To thrive in this opportunity, you will have:
  • Excellent communication skills
  • Excellent interpersonal skills
  • Excellent organisational skills
  • A deep understanding of Ruby language/Rails framework
  • Ability to work completely autonomously (if required) on a wide range of development tasks
  • Basic CSS, HTML and Javascript Knowledge
  • Strong knowledge of git
  • An understanding of software programming principles. Able to clearly articulate those principles in the development and design discussions.
  • Minimum 5+ years of commercial software development experience, at least 2-3 in Ruby on Rails.
  • Advanced proficiency with RDBMSs. Able to write performant SQL queries of arbitrary complexity (Postgresql/MySQL)
  • Strong awareness of operational risks associated with DB schema changes, production DB modifications, and query performance
  • Strong architectural knowledge

Sounds like you?
Go ahead and apply now, we’d love to hear from you!