[JOB] Junior - Senior Ruby Developer - Remote (Australia Wide)

Mark Awayan

Jan 31, 2021, 7:35:18 PM1/31/21
to Ruby or Rails Oceania
As our full-stack engineer, you’ll have around 3 years of experience with Ruby (we are flexible upwards and downwards) and keen to work across the whole stack, you love to code but have an eye for good design and can turn your hand to front end work if needed. Or you may be a front end engineer who is keen to work across the full stack.

You are a great communicator and can clearly communicate your ideas whether it is articulating complex technical or architectural problems or providing helpful feedback to a colleague. You thrive on problem-solving and can propose iterative solutions, you also know when it’s time to ask for help. You understand software development processes and are comfortable in lean, agile environments, you write code you are proud of but you are practical with a focus on delivery, deadlines, and getting things done. Simple, understandable, and sustainable will always win.

We value opinion and debate(strong opinions, loosely held), but you will also seek consensus with your peers and be inclusive of everyone's ideas. When we make a decision we all commit to seeing it through (Disagree Commit). The way we work has changed forever and you will need to be self-motivated, flexible, and willing to learn as we build a better normal together.

Nice to have
● Experience in a remote working environment
● Experience with platform/infrastructure development tools (e.g. GCP, Docker, Kubernetes).
● Prior experience with front end technologies
● Knowledge/Experience with ReactJS
● Prior experience in a tech startup and/or a Product company

Our technology stack

We build our systems to be deployed onto cloud infrastructure, to do this we follow the twelve-factor app methodology, our infrastructure is built and maintained in terraform, our pipelines automatically deploy through our environments. We build software in docker, run our systems in Kubernetes and test the hell out of all of it. We write a lot of code in Ruby, less in Golang and we store information in PostgreSQL. Yes, this part is boring, deliberately so. We choose to spend our time delivering product features, not fighting our tech stack. We listen to opinions and are always open to introducing new technologies if there is a clear return on investment - after all that’s what we believe good engineering to be.

Because of Covid-19 we are working remotely and will be interviewing and onboarding remotely