Guidelines on Job Posting

lachie

Feb 14, 2010, 9:59:12 PM2/14/10
to Ruby or Rails Oceania
In order to keep the RORO group running smoothly, please follow these
guidelines when posting and responding to jobs.

To Would-be Job Posters:

RORO members would appreciate you including the following:

* The label "[JOB]" in the subject of your job posting.
* A description of the job
* A description of the company. "Blind" postings aren't appreciated,
though we accept that its necessary sometimes.
* The job location
* Is remote working acceptable, or is it on-site?
* How much it pays
* The level of the job
* The length and type of the contract.

To members of RORO:

* On-group replies to job postings will be deleted without exception.
* If you'd like to find out more, please reply directly to the job
poster.
* If you need to talk to job posters on-group, please be courteous.

Pat Allan

Jun 2, 2015, 11:21:08 PM6/2/15
to rails-...@googlegroups.com, lac...@gmail.com
A quick update to these long-standing job post guidelines, for something I'm seeing missed in a lot of potential posts lately:

* When mentioning the location of the role, don't just provide the suburb name, but include the city as well. This list covers Australia, New Zealand and beyond, and not everyone will recognise suburb names for cities they're not familiar with. Also, some suburb names crop up in more than one city.

Beyond that, most job posts these days fit the critera nicely - thanks all!

--
Pat
This conversation is locked