Iteration-based Contracts

Jared

Feb 22, 2010, 3:47:45 PM2/22/10
to Ruby on Rails meets the business world
Hey everyone,

Wondering if there are any good resources or information out there
about drawing up iteration-based contracts. I follow an agile
process, and I'd rather use something where the client and I agree on
short, self-contained dev cycles instead of a big, nebulous hourly
contract, or worse, a fixed-bid project.

Thanks in advance!
Jared

Steven Talcott Smith

Feb 22, 2010, 4:02:39 PM2/22/10
to rails-b...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jared,

I have based several contracts off the templates sold here:

http://www.quickforms.net/

Also, a fellow South Florida Rubyist has developed the following site
featuring e-contracts:

http://agree2.com/

Steven

> --
> .

Chris Conrey

Feb 22, 2010, 5:16:29 PM2/22/10
to rails-b...@googlegroups.com
One thing that we do is a big overall consulting agreement to be supplemented by Statements of Work that cover either each iteration or a subset of them - best of both worlds.

Chris Conrey
chrisconrey.com
Human->Geek Relations at Integrum
@conrey on Twitter

Manik Juneja

Feb 22, 2010, 9:11:26 PM2/22/10
to rails-b...@googlegroups.com
Jared,

Thanks,
Manik

karu

Feb 26, 2010, 7:11:11 PM2/26/10
to Ruby on Rails meets the business world
Hi,

Not sure, if this helps, but there is a pretty nice overview of
various
contract types, including the ones that could be suitable in agile
setup:

http://agilesoftwaredevelopment.com/blog/peterstev/10-agile-contracts

Jared

Feb 27, 2010, 10:22:54 AM2/27/10
to Ruby on Rails meets the business world
Thanks everyone, this is exactly what I was looking for!

- Jared