[rails-business] Outsourcing

Rafael George

May 28, 2010, 9:24:08 AM5/28/10
to rails-b...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

A friend and I would like to start as Rails consultant in our country, we found a lot of good resources in this list and on the web. The thing is that we have experiences working with Java doing outsourcing and now are planning to move our selves to better technologies like Rails, we are building our first product with it. And we already work with some personal projects too.

Here is the question regarding outsourcing, is this is a right moment for companies in the USA to begin doing outsourcing of their Rails code base, taking in count the cost of in house developers?
What do you think can be a turn off to do that kind of deal with a company in another country, right now we both live in Dominican Republic?
Are you in your company willing to do this type of deal and why?
What are you looking in a company if you are willing to outsource your code?

Thanks in advance.

--
Rafael George