Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Sarah Allen

ongelezen,
24 mrt 2010, 10:06:5124-03-2010
aan Rails Activism
Hello fellow activists,

Mike Gunderloy mentioned this thread
http://groups.google.com/group/rails-activism/browse_thread/thread/3102e5c3ab2b6f32
on the RailsBridge list. I read the posts with interest. I never
knew that the RailsCasts were an initiative of this group. I think
they are fabulous -- we mention them at every workshop we put on.

I don't know anyone, personally, who thinks punishment was a good way
to move forward after Matt's choice of presentation graphics. The
tweet by DHH was worse than the presentation itself. I think Matt
came around to understanding the negative impact of his talk and why
the images and metaphor had an alienating effect, but his initial
take away from this is that the best reaction, if this kind of
situation were to happen again, is to accept responsibility and make
clear what behavior is unacceptable and that it won't happen in the
future.

Despite my active involvement in outreach, I still feel a bit of an
outsider. I don't even know who maintains the Rails website, but some
groups have published diversity and anti-discrimination statements and
I would encourage you to post one, if you haven't already, before you
dis-band this group. Then at least members of the community could
point to that if people accuse the Rails community of being against
women or whoever.

For what it is worth, I'm glad to be part of a community that includes
you guys, even Matt :)

Warm regards,
Sarah Allen
http://www.ultrasaurus.com

Matt Aimonetti

ongelezen,
24 mrt 2010, 13:54:2524-03-2010
aan rails-a...@googlegroups.com
Hey Sarah, thanks for the tips, I'll contact you offline to get the ball rolling.

- Matt

Allen beantwoorden
Auteur beantwoorden
Doorsturen