Sharing Event Insights

Ken Collins

Sep 30, 2009, 4:06:05 PM9/30/09
to rails-a...@googlegroups.com

http://www.757studio.org/

I just organized my first event outside our normal ruby/cocoa user
groups and man it is hard work! Perhaps in other areas that have very
big communities this might be easy, but Hampton Roads (Norfolk/
Virginia Beach/Etc) is what I call the largest small town you'll ever
be in. We'll see how it goes and if we can kick up some interest for
ruby in a dusty area that is saturated with big gov/defense work.

No back to the hardest part of activism, finding more ways to promote
the event. Hard work!!!

- Ken Collins

Matt Aimonetti

Sep 30, 2009, 4:10:29 PM9/30/09
to rails-a...@googlegroups.com
Great initiative, I tweeted about it. Good luck!

- Matt

hayesr

Oct 1, 2009, 11:49:25 AM10/1/09
to Rails Activism

That's my home town (sorta) I would totally be there if it were a bit
closer to Christmas.