Win 7 SQL 2008 DSN Connection Problem?

EV

Nov 13, 2011, 2:54:07 PM11/13/11
to Railo
Hi guys,

I've been a longtime CF user and just installed Railo 3.3 to see what
the fuss is about (I am very excited!).

However, I'm having problems connecting and I think it is a bug:

1. MS SQL 2008 instance machine\instancename
- I have opened ports in SQL 1433, made sure TCPIP is set to yes for
all IPs and port is designated
- I have tested the login from SMS
- I am logging in with 'sa'
- I created a test, blank db just in case the other db I was using had
some weird security related issue
- SQL is in blended security mode

2. Win 7 Prof
- no software firewall
- antivirus turned off
- Railo and SQL are on the same machine

Here is what happens (error copied below):

1. I set up a DSN with MSSQL - Microsoft SQL Server (Vendor Microsoft)
2. I use all standard settings in the config screen
3. When I use 'sa' and an incorrect password it immediately comes back
with bad login
4. When I change the instance name it says it can't be found

:::so it looks like everything is working as it should

3. Then, when I put in the correct password it just hangs there trying
to create it and after quite some time I get the error below.

What is interesting is that the authentication comes back immediately
and because I experimented with changing the instance name I assume
this is getting through to the correct instance (it is the only one
running). Assuming this is correct, it seems that it passes security
then fails?

Help!

Thanks,
Jed

Railo 3.3.1.000 Error (expression)
Message key [NAME] doesn't exist in struct
(keys:rememberMe,mainAction,subAction)
Stacktrace The Error Occurred in
ra://E:\railo\tomcat\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\railo\context\railo-context.ra!/admin/services.datasource.create.cfm:
line 107
called fromra://E:\railo\tomcat\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\railo\context\railo-context.ra!/admin/services.datasource.cfm:
line 78
called fromra://E:\railo\tomcat\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\railo\context\railo-context.ra!/admin/web.cfm:
line 306
called fromra://E:\railo\tomcat\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\railo\context\railo-context.ra!/admin/server.cfm:
line 2

Java Stacktrace key [NAME] doesn't exist in struct
(keys:rememberMe,mainAction,subAction)
at
railo.runtime.type.util.StructSupport.invalidKey(StructSupport.java:
30):30
at railo.runtime.type.StructImpl.get(StructImpl.java:78):78
at admin.services_datasource_create_cfm1334$cf.call(/Users/mic/
Projects/Railo/Source2/railo/railo-cfml/railo-admin/admin/
services.datasource.create.cfm:107):107
at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:
762):762
at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:
715):715
at admin.services_datasource_cfm414$cf.call(/Users/mic/Projects/
Railo/Source2/railo/railo-cfml/railo-admin/admin/
services.datasource.cfm:78):78
at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:
762):762
at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:
715):715
at admin.web_cfm$cf.call(/Users/mic/Projects/Railo/Source2/railo/
railo-cfml/railo-admin/admin/web.cfm:306):306
at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:
762):762
at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:
715):715
at admin.server_cfm$cf.call(/Users/mic/Projects/Railo/Source2/railo/
railo-cfml/railo-admin/admin/server.cfm:2):2
at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:
762):762
at
railo.runtime.listener.ModernAppListener._onRequest(ModernAppListener.java:
179):179
at
railo.runtime.listener.MixedAppListener.onRequest(MixedAppListener.java:
23):23
at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.execute(PageContextImpl.java:1991):
1991
at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.execute(PageContextImpl.java:1958):
1958
at
railo.runtime.engine.CFMLEngineImpl.serviceCFML(CFMLEngineImpl.java:
297):297
at railo.loader.servlet.CFMLServlet.service(CFMLServlet.java:32):
32
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722):
722
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
304):304
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
210):210
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:
224):224
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:
169):169
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:
168):168
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:
100):100
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:
929):929
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:
118):118
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:
405):405
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:
964):964
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol
$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:515):515
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint
$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:304):304
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown
Source):-1
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown
Source):-1
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source):-1

Li, Da

Nov 13, 2011, 8:23:35 PM11/13/11
to Railo
Although I am using SQL 2005 with multiple instances, I had the exact
issue as you described (same behavior, same error). ACF works fine
while Railo is picky.

Following other group people's insights, I was able to get it work on
Win7.

So you can try using "Other - JDBC Driver" when creating the
datasource.

Then, for the "Class" and "DNS" at the bottom of the page, try:

Class: net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver
DNS: jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://SQL_SEVER_NAME:PORT/
DATABASE_NAME;instance=INSTANCE_NAME

Be aware that the variables are in uppercase, but don't change
anything else, i.e. replacing "/" with "\".

The only problem is that on my production server it's Windows Server
2008 instead of Win7. But since I wasn't able to create a successful
"ODBC Connection" though "Control Panel" to my database server either,
I thought Railo is supposed not be guilty in this case.

Simeon.Cheeseman

Nov 14, 2011, 5:06:18 PM11/14/11
to Railo
Thanks for this.

I also was having the same problem - my theory is that Microsoft
changed something in how the MSSQL - Microsoft SQL Server (Vendor
Microsoft) driver is recieving the connection or something, as after
trying Li, Da's solution (which worked great) I also discovered that
creating a datasource under "MSSQL - Microsoft SQL Server (Vendor
jTDS)" also worked!