railfrog on 2.3.4

Yury Kotlyarov

Sep 12, 2009, 5:25:18 PM9/12/09
to railfr...@googlegroups.com
Hello world!

just finished porting to 2.3.4. thanks for all your efforts - I stolen a
lot from your previous results ;-)

to test do:

rails test
cd test
script/plugin install git://github.com/yura/railfrog.git
script/plugin install git://github.com/collectiveidea/awesome_nested_set.git
rake db:migrate
rake railfrog:site:load SITE=db/sites/railfrog/
rm public/index.html
script/server

--

Best regards,
Yury Kotlyarov

web: http://www.brainhouse.ru
email: yu...@brainhouse.ru
skype: yura__115
phone: +7 905 758 1491
jabber: yury.ko...@jabber.ru

Thomas Nichols

Sep 12, 2009, 7:13:00 PM9/12/09
to railfr...@googlegroups.com
Hello Yura!

Works sweetly for me :-)

I'll have a think about how to avoid the duplication of railfrog/db/*
and railfrogcms/db/* -- and similarly for .../public. In other words,
the code in install.rb that copies migrations and assets, that would get
triggered if you did script/plugin install, needs to be invoked (rake
task in railfrogcms?) to keep things DRY. Then this looks as though
yura/railfrog and yura/railfrogcms should get merged into railfrog/* ASAP.

The migration numbering has changed, so we'll need a smooth migration
path -- either empty 1..6-*.rb migrations, or a rake task to patch the
schema_migrations table.

And then, unless anyone screams *very* loudly, this will become Railfrog
0.6.

This seems to work now, if anyone wants to play. If you want to upgrade
an existing installation you might be better to wait until the migration
path is smoother.

Major kudos to Yura for getting this out :-D

-- Thomas

linda.ch...@transeurope.com

Sep 12, 2009, 7:13:15 PM9/12/09
to railfr...@googlegroups.com
Dear Madam,
Dear Sir,

I am out of the office and will be back on Monday 14/09.

Urgent messages can be sent to info.b...@transeurope.com.

Kind regards,

Linda Christiaen
Contracts Director
Transeurope
Sint-Jakobsstraat 52
8000 Brugge
Tel: +32 50 34 65 65
Fax: +32 50 34 64 73
www.transeurope.com

Yury Kotlyarov

Sep 13, 2009, 1:58:29 AM9/13/09
to railfr...@googlegroups.com
Can you ticket all these tasks at the
http://github.com/railfrog/railfrogcms/issues ?

Rich

Oct 9, 2009, 2:30:33 PM10/9/09
to railfrog-dev
Did this branch get integrated back into the mainline, or should I
pull from the branch if I want to try this with 2.3.4?

Thanks,

Rich

Thomas Nichols

Oct 9, 2009, 2:34:08 PM10/9/09
to railfr...@googlegroups.com
Not integrated yet -- so Yura's branch is probably most current.

Let us know how you get on?

-- Thomas