Ready to test - on Rails 2.0

Thomas Nichols

Jun 30, 2009, 2:47:50 PM6/30/09
to railfrog-dev
Thanks to progfrog we now have a rather less baffling README,
available at
<http://github.com/railfrog/railfrogcms/tree/master>, which walks
through installation of RailfrogCMS from scratch. This uses Rails 2-0-
stable and should work out-of-the-box on all platforms.

The git refactoring is now complete, so we're using git submodule
awesomeness to manage the code. If anyone feels like writing some docs
on forking the code on GitHub and tweaking `git origin` so that you
commit to your fork, that would be very excellent -- unless anyone has
better suggestions, I suggest when hacking in vendor/plugins/railfrog,
change to that dir and

`git remote add hacker http g...@github.com/hacker/railfrog.git`

then you can just `git push hacker master`. Always assuming you've set
up a 'hacker' account at GitHub of course...

Next up: Dima (dmplaneta) is working on a Rails 2.3 fork, we have some
ideas on priorities for future development [1][] and we can restart
the "plugin architecture" discussion/marathon/palaver.

There's life in the old frog yet!

-- Thomas

[1]: https://node8.cvsdude.com/trac/railfrog/cms/wiki/RoadMapBrainstorm

Thomas Nichols