IT companies that use Raft algorithm

Kiran K

Sep 6, 2022, 9:38:22 AM9/6/22
to raft-dev
Hi,

I would like to know what all the companies that are directly using Raft algorithms in their software are . Any listing available.?

Thanks in advance

Ankit kapoor

Sep 6, 2022, 10:05:33 AM9/6/22
to raft...@googlegroups.com
I guess that's not easily available, you have to read the internals of the database but from my experience, I know that many database companies or cloud vendors adopted the consensus algorithms (Paxos or raft) while developing their native databases. A few of the ones that I know are PolarDB by Alibaba cloud, MySQL group replication ( they use Paxos). Not sure specifically about Raft.

dr-dr xp

Sep 15, 2022, 10:09:49 AM9/15/22
to raft-dev
AFAIK, almost every database software(and most of them are open source projects) has a Raft/Paxos mod internally to synchronize metadata.

E.g.,
I'm the maintainer of openraft in databend:

Starrocks has a Paxos internally.

Matrixone use dragon-boat, a multi-raft implementation, and has been trying to migrate to epaxos.

Kiran K

Sep 16, 2022, 1:06:17 AM9/16/22
to raft...@googlegroups.com
Wow,

That's great info. Thanks :)

Thanks and regards
Kiran Kondru

PhD Research Scholar,
Department of Computer Science,
Central University of Tamil Nadu,
Thiruvarur, India - 610001

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "raft-dev" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/raft-dev/ff3cba66-c732-42a5-9a1e-e85fab507efcn%40googlegroups.com.