Jul 19, 2021, 10:39:43 AM7/19/21
Most work this time has gone into converting note pitches to the new
data structure. Note pitches are for changing the pitch of a playing
note, used for instance to create portamentos and glissandos. Now you
hear changes immediately when editing pitches while playing. The
change is also necessary for future work such as converting the editor
from using OpenGL to using Vulkan.
However, the most notable change this time is various improvements to
mouse handling. Most GUI elements are now lightened up when the mouse
is above them. The release also contains lots of important bug fixes
for the sequencer and the editor. See full changelog below.
Changes 6.9.82 -> 6.9.86:
* Audio: Try not to open any audio input device by
default. Sometimes this screws up the output
* Audio: Try to use a default buffer size of 1024
when initializing the audio device. Earlier the
audio device was sometimes initialized with an
incompatible block size.
* Sequencer: Fix inserting several audio files at
once when selecting "Insert audio file(s)" from
the popup menu. For a few releases now, inserting
several audio files inserted the new audio files
into the wrong sequencer tracks.
* Sequencer: Also set seqtrack-under-mouse when
changing current seqtrack.
* Sequencer: Fix moving several seqblocks at once
when there are hidden seqtracks.
* Sequencer: Light up seqtrack names, both in
seqtrack headers and in the "Tracks" tab, when
mouse is above.
* Sequencer: Light up the editable path name field in
the "Files" tab when mouse is above.
* Sequencer: Light up seqtrack currently under mouse.
* Sequencer: Fix keybindings not always working on
current seqtrack pointed to by the mouse.
* Sequencer: Paint orange border around current
seqblock in the sequencer navigators.
* Sequencer: Fix possible weird behavior when moving
more than one seqblock and one or more of those
seqblocks were deleted because they were moved to
a seqtrack of the wrong type.
* GUI: Make all sliders in the editor/mixer/sequencer
to light up when mouse is above the slider.
* Mixer: Make the volume text and peak text light up
when mouse is above.
* Editor: Convert various node assertions to fire in
debug builds only.
* Editor: Fix moving cursor left when the cursor is
positioned on the leftmost centtext subtrack and
the swing subtrack is visible.
* Editor: Fix transposing selected notes in the
pianoroll when using left meta + u/d.
* Editor: Improve logic for whether to show the
centtext subtrack or not.
* Editor: Convert pitches to TimeData.
* The most notable change is that any editing is
heard immediately if playing block or song at
the same time.
* Using less CPU cache. CPU usage might be notably
lower after notes themselves have been converted
to the new data structure.
* Necessary for future work such as replacing
OpenGL with Vulkan.
* Editor: Fix transpose velocity.
* Build: Fix compiling for LLVM12 (Teteros)
* Editor: Let the window that shows the
no-range-or-selection error show buttons to open
the manual instead of explaining directly how to
edit range and selection.
* Editor: Make sure editor graphics is updated when
pressing left alt + return.
* API: setCurrSeqtrackUnderMouse