1. Fix that it was impossible to move the mixer window when running in it's own window. This bug was introduced in 6.4.76.
2. Prevent virus killers from scanning Ladspa plugins during program startup. Sometimes this could delay program startup time by many minutes. Startup time has been reduced significantly on Linux (and probably macOS) as well.
Some other notable features are: working modulator connections in .mrec files, mute/bypass/solo works for event connections as well as for audio connections, options to load prev/next vst program, options to load prev/next preset file, popup-menu for mixer connections, and various improvements to latency handling.
Note: Due to partial lockdown, I have not tested the macOS release this time. Please report immediately if it doesn't work.
Changes 6.4.77 -> 6.5.72:
* Windows: Fix borderless mixer window. Bug
introduced in 6.4.76.
* Mixer: Fix remembering window position.
* Sampler instrument: Add entries to edit keybindings
to the popup menu of the "R" button.
* Audio: Add entries to the instrument effect popup
menu for adding keybinding to change effect
* GUI: Increase performance a little bit for effect
sliders and other things.
* Instrument widget: Fix immediately updating graphics
of solo and mute buttons when changing solo.
* Mixer: Add "Insert plugin" and "Connetion enabled"
entries to the connection popup menu.
* Instruments: Remove the "T" (through) button for
MIDI instruments (served no purpose).
* Audio: Cache ladspa plugin info so that they don't
have to be loaded during program startup. Only
info for included ladspa plugins are cached for
now. This fixes very long startup time on windows
when realtime virus scanning is enabled, but even
startup times on Linux (and probably MacOS) is
* Audio: Generally improve CPU usage by being more
aggresive about not mixing audio when the output
of a sound object is silent.
* Audio: Increase audio level allowed to autosuspend
a sound object. May lower CPU usage in some
* Windows: Remove some unnecessary info from
* Audio: Increase number of frames to fade out/in
from 1024 to 2048 when changing mute on/off and
various other things.
* Audio: Don't recalculate latencies on the fly when
a sound object is muted, auto-suspended, volume set
to 0, and possibly other situations. Although
constantly running mimumum latencies uses less
CPU, doing this can also cause audible artifacts.
E.g. if a plugin reports a latency of 2048 frames,
we always compensate for a latency of 2048 frames
in parallel running sound objects in the audio
graph, even when the plugin makes no sound.
* Modulators/preset: Fix modulator connections when
loading .mrec files.
* Mixer: Fix undo when creating new sound object
from preset file by using keybinding.
* Mixer: Fix assertion window popping up when
creating new sound object from preset file by
* Mixer: Make it configurable which A/B settings to
apply. Click the button with a settings icon to
configure. The options are:
* audio connections
* event connections
* system effects
* instrument effects
* instrument states
* mixer strips configuration
* remember current instrument
* modulator connections.
* system volume
Only audio connections, event connections, volume,
panning, "mute solo bypass", and "remember current
instrument" are enabled by default in new songs.
* Sequencer: Fix wrong editor seqblock positions
after undoing changing block tempos.
* Mixer: Update connection line gfx immediately
after changing solo for an instrument.
* GUI: Fix Return and Enter keys working in tables.
Bug introduced in last release .
* Plugins: When loading song, don't try to set
illegal program number if program number on disk
is a negative number or higher than the number of
programs provded the plugin. Fixes crash in at
least one AU plugin.
* Audio: Don't send events though (i.e. when "T" is
enabled), when an instrument is implicitly muted
and "Implicitly mute MIDI the same way as audio"
* Audio: Fix updating implicit mute/solo when
removing a connection.
* MIDI: Add the option "Implicitly mute MIDI the
same way as audio" to song properties. I.e. when
soloing, we also mute MIDI in implicitly muted
instruments. This option is enabled by default for
new songs, and disabled by default for old songs
(to make sure they continue to sound the same).
* Audio: Make transition from one A/B setting to
another much smoother. Now solo, connections, and
instrument effects are all changed at the same
* Audio: Fix latency compensation being wrong in
some (very) rare cases when recording from system
input. Happened sometimes when there were event
connections in the audio graph.
* Preferences: Make it clearer what latencies are
used in the "Latency compensation when recording
from system input" option.
* MIDI: Compensate for latency when playing notes.
By default it only compensates for "System out"
* Preferences: Changed tab order a little bit.
* Preferences: Moved various things from the "Audio"
tab to the "Instruments" tab.
* Instrument widget: Support right-clicking the
A/B-buttons and the GUI button.
* Sequencer: Less experimental default granulation
* Mixer: Remember current instrument in a/b.
* Instrument widget: Support right-clicking the
"Replace" and "Load" buttons to configure
* FaustDev: Fix missing info from the info window.
* Instrument widgets: Don't display multi-presets
when asked to load/replace preset.
* Disk: Don't put program into an endless message
loop when loading an erroneous .rad/.rec/etc.
* Instrument widget: Add "prev preset" and
"next preset" buttons to quickly switch to
previous or next preset in the directory where the
instrument was loaded from (if loaded from preset
file). If instrument was not loaded from a preset
file, select prev/next preset from default or last
used directory instead.
* Instruments: Save preset filename to disk if
instrument was loaded from a preset file.
* Audio: Name VST/AU programs and not presets.
"Program" is the common name, plus that "preset"
can be confused with radium presets.
* Instruments widget: Remove the program number-
widget. Incorporate the number into the program
* Instruments widget: Add "prev program" and "next
program" buttons. Assign keybindings by
right-clicking the buttons.
* Instruments widget: Immediately update autosuspend
button graphics when changing autosuspending type.
* Audio: Change instruments to not send out events
(i.e notes, MIDI messages, etc.) when they are
muted. Same with bypass. Old songs behave as
before, but this can be changed in the Song
* GUI: Draw an SVG image for the various "reset ab"-
buttons. Before this, a question mark was drawn
instead of the curly arrow utf-8 character when
running on windows.
* Editor: Add option to select current block in the
popup menu for the padlock-checkbox in the lower
* Sequencer: Remove graphical garbage from the row
of pixels placed between the seqtrack headers and
the area to the right of the headers.
* Editor: Fix various error messages popping up when
switching current block while moving a pianonote.
* New: getNumInstrumentPrograms,
* Deleted: setInstrumentIsImplicitlyMuted, setInstrumentIsImplicitlySoloed