Finally, Radium V6 has been released. Spread the word.
Compared to 5.0.99, this release contains various bug fixes and minor
features. Most important change is that the current instrument doesn't
change when the mouse pointer is above an instrument in the mixer.
Luckily, only 5.0.99 had that behavior.
Another big change is the qualifier key handling for macOS. Before
this release, all qualifier keys were juggled around to make sure
ctrl-click could be used as an alternative to right-clicking. Now,
ctrl-clicking is not supported anymore, and the keybindings are
similar on macOS to a PC (Windows/Linux). However, since the Cmd key
is often used on mac for situations where the Ctrl key is used on a
PC, and vice versa, there is now a new option in Preferences where you
can swap Ctrl and Cmd.
Changes 5.9.99 -> 6.0.99:
* Audio: Fix illegal parameters for some LADSPA
plugins in some situations. (Caused by "log 0".)
* Windows: Fix the left windows qualifier key not
working when doing mouse operations.
* Editor: Paint velocity text for velocities that
are not the first or the last of a note in a
* Editor: Paint last velocity text for a note in a
* GUI: Add hex value information to the instrument
effect popup menu.
* Shutdown: Fix semi-rare crash during shutdown when
painting the sequencer.
* Linux: Show popup info box when finished
* MacOS: Add option in Preferences to swap Ctrl and
* MacOS: Let Left Cmd key always behave as Left Ctrl
since not all macs have a left ctrl key, and
left cmd key is not used for anything in radium.
* OpenGL: Ensure crashreporter is not shown when
OpenGL can not start.
* Audio: Update recursive graph error message.
* Manual: Update mixer documentation.
* MacOS: Fix so that Ctrl-left-clicking does not
behave as right-clicking.
* Mixer: Fix object positions being screwed up when
moving several objects while pressing ctrl.
* Mixer: Add more zoom options to the popup menus.
* GUI: Fix quirkiness when opening sub menus with
* Build: Fix building on gcc8.
* Mac: Change mouse-qualifier keys to be similar to
Linux and Windows.
* Sequencer: Fix "M" checkbox not updating in the
"Tracks" right-side tab when mute state is changed
for an editor seqtrack.
* S7: Roll back to V8.16 / 2020-3-2.
* Sequencer: Fix seqblock automation sometimes
lightning up when mouse is inside the right-side
* Mixer strips: Fix displaying whether instrument
strip is selected or not.
* Mixer strips: Ctrl-click a strip to
* GUI: Let the instrument widget share keyboard
focus with the mixer.
* Mixer strips: Speed up redrawing changing current
* Build: Fix build for gcc 9.
* Audio: Fix various race conditions when changing
* Mixer: Paint name of current mixer object and
current mixer strip in white color.
* Mixer: Paint border around current mixer
instrument, not around current instrument.
* Mixer: Introduce concept of current mixer
* Mxier: Change various functions that by default
operated on the current instrument to work on the
current mixer instrument instead.
* Audio: Change default send/receive name from empty
to "default" in the Send/Receive instruments.
* Editor: Fix "Copy" and "Cut" not working from the
pianoroll popup menu when note is not selected.
* Edit: Improve pitch shrink/expand requester text.
* Sequencer: Generate unique editor block name when
selecting "clone block".
* Build: Fix FAUST HTTPDServer compile. (Teteros)
* Build: Fix Fluidsynth linking. (Teteros)
* Editor: When changing second-last veltext value of
a note, change end velocity end as well if it was
equal to the second-last value.
* New: getCurrentInstrumentUnderMouse,
* Removed: getExtendedSelectedInstruments,
* Make current block the default argument for
* Changed various default values from