1st draft proposal fro RadioWEB

Alexander Erk

Jan 16, 2015, 7:17:03 AM1/16/15
to radioweb-...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

it has been a long time pretty silent around this RadioWEB topic an in this group. I am sorry for that, but now I have a 1st RadioWEB draft ready to share with you. I am looking forward to hear your opinions and to receive your feedback on the proposal.

Basically the proposal is covering the following topics:

1 Application discovery.
2 Document retrieval.
3 ApplicationInformationList.
4 Application lifecycle.
5 Supported content formats
6 Application API

Sections 1-2 will be pretty clear for people who know the RadioDNS system. The signaling of HTML based Applications is defined in a XML document called the ApplicationInformationList. Sections 4-6 then will define the HTML/JavaScript application environment. This is, where the most work will (and need to) be done.

Feel free to ask any question regarding this proposal.

Best regards

Alexander Erk (IRT)

PS: At IRT we set up a demo RadioWEB service, which you can access as follows:

Initial RadioDNS FQDN lookup:

Service Record lookup for RadioWEB:

nslookup -type=SRV _radioweb._tcp.vis-irtdab-plus.irt.de

2015-01-15-Draft-RadioWEB_v01.pdf

nicholas...@bbc.co.uk

Jul 25, 2016, 10:18:53 AM7/25/16
to RadioWEB Developers (RadioDNS), chris....@bbc.co.uk
Hello,

I am very interested in this RadioWeb concept - it is similar to the way TVs launch web-browser sessions when 'pressing the red button'.
It gives broadcasters more freedom to innovate and makes changes, without having to go all the way through the standardisation process for every possible application.

It also ties in well with the TV (and Radio) Control Working Group:

Alexander, did you make any more progress with this?

Is there a reason why this group is closed/private?

nick.