RadioVIS demo

Floris Daelemans

Mar 6, 2014, 3:07:12 AM3/6/14
to radiovis-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'm building a demo setup for RadioVIS, to go on display at the '100 Years of Radio' expo in Leuven, Belgium.
The idea is to use a Raspberry Pi with a camera module and a simple button to take a visitor's picture, and to display that picture on a hybrid device over RadioVIS. I have a Pure Sensia available to use for this and the RadioVIS service is up and running as well.

I can't use any of our real radio stations to build this demo, for obvious reasons, so i was going to set up a dedicated Icecast steam to run this on. The problem is that the Sensia receiver (or the Revo ones for that matter) haven't implemented the RadioVIS service detection via in-band metadata from the stream.

How can i solve this?
All ideas are welcome and highly appreciated :)

Thanks,
Floris

Andy Buckingham

Mar 6, 2014, 3:18:58 AM3/6/14
to RadioVIS Developers
Hi Floris,

A couple of options that might be worth considering:

1) In recent Revo AXIS firmware updates there is a menu option to
create an alternative RadioDNS suffix, which allows you to run your
own nameserver externally to answer RadioDNS queries, e.g. you
configure it with example.com and it will lookup
0.c123.c456.c00.dab.example.com instead.

2) Spoofing DNS on the local network so you can return alternative
answers for *.radiodns.org lookups.

Both of these options would then allow you to demo against "live"
DAB/FM stations.

Andy.