[CALL] Splitting the authentication model from RadioTAG

Andy Buckingham

Jun 27, 2013, 12:03:08 PM6/27/13
to radiotag-...@googlegroups.com
As RadioTAG has progressed we have for some time discussed the desire to split the authentication model from the RadioTAG specification so that the benefits of an authentication system for radio devices can be used by other applications and RadioTAG can focus on the core implementation of tagging.

This sits nicely alongside our separate action point to review the current auth model and how we might adapt it to meet an updated set of requirements. This is discussed further in a separate thread.

Ben Husmann

Jul 2, 2013, 5:10:22 PM7/2/13
to radiotag-...@googlegroups.com
I think this is a very good idea, particularly when considering some of the other topics from the call.

Andy Buckingham

Jul 8, 2013, 11:22:19 AM7/8/13
to radiotag-...@googlegroups.com
As we appear to have a consensus through lack of sustained objection, I am to happy to begin looking at greatly simplifying the current specification to just the core elements of tagging in the near future.

I realise we're picking up pace significantly on this group now, but I'd like to keep things moving as quickly as possible due to the increase attention around the project. Please let me know within the next week if you would like more time to consider this or if you have a reasonable objection to this process.

Andy Buckingham

Jul 17, 2013, 5:56:05 AM7/17/13
to radiotag-...@googlegroups.com
No further responses, so I'll begin working on Draft 6 of the specification shortly to split the current auth model from the core tag application. As part of this work I'll feed in the response from the other discussions on the forum on tweaks (e.g. the revised URL structure).

Thanks for the feedback on this.