Draft proposal for RadioTAG specification

Sean O'Halpin

Sep 1, 2011, 12:02:21 PM9/1/11
to RadioTAG developers
Hello everyone,

Over the past few months, we have been collaborating with Andy
Buckingham of Global Media and Robin Cooksey from Frontier on a
proposal for a new RadioTAG specification.

The team from BBC R&D consisted of Chris Lowis, Kat Sommers and
myself, Sean O'Halpin.

We've just published a blog post summarizing the protocol and
describing the process we went through to produce it, which you can
read here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/researchanddevelopment/2011/09/radiotag.shtml

You can find the draft proposal here:

http://radiotag.prototyping.bbc.co.uk/docs/radiotag-api-proposal-v1.00.html

We've also published the source code for an implementation of the
proposed RadioTAG protocol on our github repository
(https://github.com/bbcrd). The radiotag projects are:

- A RadioTAG service: https://github.com/bbcrd/radiotag-tagserver
- An authorization service: https://github.com/bbcrd/radiotag-authserver
- A demonstration web front end: https://github.com/bbcrd/radiotag-web
- A console client (that pretends to be a radio):
https://github.com/bbcrd/radiotag-radio

Please let us know your thoughts (on this list rather than the blog
post).

Best regards,

Sean O'Halpin
Senior Software Engineer
BBC R&D Prototyping

Andy Buckingham (RadioDNS)

Sep 14, 2011, 5:43:50 AM9/14/11
to radiotag-...@googlegroups.com
Hi team,

Firstly I just want to start by saying a massive thanks to Sean, Chris
and Kat at the BBC and Robin at Frontier Silicon for their dedicated
work in reviewing the previous work of the RadioTAG project and
presenting a well considered and detailed new draft spec to the group.

Hopefully by now everyone has had time to read the docs from Sean. If
you haven't, I strongly urge you to read this at your earliest
convenience and provide any feedback to this group as soon as possible
as I will shortly be pressing ahead with turning this work in a new
draft specification for approval as the final 1.0 RadioTAG
specification.

Should there be lack of sustained objection to this proposal, I will
being this process in the next 14 days.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Andy.

--
Andy Buckingham
RadioTAG Application Team Lead