Invitation: Auth, SSO and tag aggregation meeting

Andy Buckingham

May 15, 2013, 5:03:11 AM5/15/13
to radiotag-...@googlegroups.com
Since the last draft publication of the RadioTAG specification I have received requests to further investigate the issues surrounding a User using multiple services from different Service Providers.

In the current specification a User has to re-register multiple times for each new Service Provider they encounter, an issue that is compounded when the User owns more than one device (Number of Registrations = Service Providers * Devices). Attached is a summary document that explains the issues faced and suggests one way of resolving them. Because of the nature of this work it also begins to explore a possible Single Sign On framework for radio-related digital applications.

This is a really exciting development for RadioTAG and potentially the wider hybrid radio family and therefore requires detailed focus. If you are interested in seeing this develop further I would like to arrange a conference call in the near future to discuss the proposal and explore ideas of how we add this to the RadioTAG specification draft.

Please e-mail Caroline Brindle in the RadioDNS project office directly (caroline...@radiodns.org) to let her know of your interest in this work, no later than Wednesdsay 29th May 23:59 BST, so that we can begin to co-ordinate times.

Thank you.
draft-radiotag-auth-01.txt