[CALL] Requirement for Single Sign On (SSO)

Andy Buckingham

Jun 27, 2013, 12:03:20 PM6/27/13
to radiotag-...@googlegroups.com
"Users shouldn't, wherever possible, have to re­-register for each new Service Provider they encounter when Tagging (SSO)"

In the current specification, when a User encounters a new Service Provider for the first time they have to register. This means a User may have to re-register their device multiple times. If they own more than one Tag-enabled radio device this process is multiplied by the number of devices.

I have been asked to try and explore technical ways we can resolve this issue so that a User only has to re-register a minimum number of times.

Both MediaAUTH and a revised proposal for tag offer ways this may be tackled, which ultimately rely on consolidated authorisation endpoints (in MediaAUTH the "directory service", in Global Radio's proposal the "clearing house"). I am aware that for certain organisations this poses specific issues, which I would appreciate those affected detailing here for future reference.