Workshop on Authorization and Synchronization for IP-connected media devices

Sean O'Halpin

Aug 20, 2012, 6:17:09 AM8/20/12
to RadioDNS Developers, RadioVIS Developers, RadioEPG Developers, RadioTAG Developers
Hi,

BBC R&D are organizing a get together with our colleagues from the
European Broadcasting Union to discuss authorization and synchronization
for IP-connected media devices which of course includes RadioDNS-enabled
radios.

The meeting will take place over two days on 23rd and 24th August
(i.e. Thursday and Friday this week) at (Old) Broadcasting House,
Portland Place, London, W1A 1AA from 10:30 to 17:00.

The first day will cover Authorization, the second
Synchronization. We'll be sharing a couple of presentations then
discussing the issues involved.

The workshop is free and open to anyone who would like to attend. If you
want to attend, please register at:

http://lanyrd.com/2012/auth-and-sync-for-radiodns-enabled-devices/

Regards,
Sean O'Halpin
(Acting) Lead Engineer
BBC R&D Internet Research and Future Services

http://www.bbc.co.uk/

Andy Buckingham (RadioDNS)

Aug 20, 2012, 11:01:38 AM8/20/12
to radiotag-...@googlegroups.com
On behalf of the RadioTAG Application Team I would like to thank you
for bringing this event to our attention. Unfortunately due to the
short notice I think it may be difficult for many, including myself,
to attend.

As there is potential for some of the contents of this event to
crossover with the RadioTAG application, it would be great to see the
results of your findings published openly so that they can be
discussed on the public group and as part of any future RadioTAG
events.

Thanks.

--
Andy Buckingham
RadioTAG Application Team Lead

t: +44 (0)117 900 5357
e: andy.bu...@radiodns.org
w: http://radiodns.org/

Follow the RadioDNS Project via Twitter: @radiodns

Sean O'Halpin

Aug 20, 2012, 12:53:14 PM8/20/12

Andy Buckingham (RadioDNS) writes:

> On behalf of the RadioTAG Application Team I would like to thank you
> for bringing this event to our attention. Unfortunately due to the
> short notice I think it may be difficult for many, including myself,
> to attend.
>
> As there is potential for some of the contents of this event to
> crossover with the RadioTAG application, it would be great to see the
> results of your findings published openly so that they can be
> discussed on the public group and as part of any future RadioTAG
> events.
>
> Thanks.

Hi Andy,

it's a shame you won't be able to make it.

Apologies to all those who would have liked to come but can't because of
the short notice. The timing is due to constraints beyond our control
and the delay in notifying the list is partly due to me having an
accident involving a head injury last week.

However, please remember that this is not an official RadioDNS meeting
but a get together between BBC R&D and the EBU which we have opened up
to the list.

We will certainly be making any presentations and notes of our
discussions available to the developer lists, and we'll be offering to
host an official RadioDNS meeting where we will be giving the requisite
amount of notice.

Best regards,
Sean