XML Specification for Electronic Programme Guide (EPG)

RadioEPG developers

May 16, 2014, 9:25:36 AM5/16/14
to radioepg-...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

As I mentioned earlier this year, we were invited to do work on the existing ETSI specification covering radio EPG, ETSI TS 102 818. The aim of this work being to merge this and the RadioEPG specification together in order to create a unified specification for Hybrid Radio.

I'm pleased to say we're now almost complete with this. I attach the latest functional draft of this specification, along with come covering notes. Please do give it a read and feed back any comments to the group, or to me directly.

Standardisation with ETSI is a huge step forward, and will enable Hybrid Radio to be implemented with confidence by Broadcasters and Manufacturers, knowing that the specification is stable, reliable and has longevity.

As the covering note mentions, there are a number of corrections that will need to be made before the final version is submitted, based on some merging mistakes that were made. I'm also going to go through and resolve and editorial and stylistic issues I can see, but having more people to proof-read would be excellent.

Ben
ETSI TS 102 818 - 20140515.pdf

Ben Poor

May 16, 2014, 9:49:46 AM5/16/14
to radioepg-...@googlegroups.com, radioepg-...@googlegroups.com
One important thing I forgot to mention is that I am setting a deadline of 12:00 UTC Wednesday 21st May for any comments, so please do get them in before then.