Validating SI.xml files using xmllint offline

nicholas...@bbc.co.uk

May 27, 2021, 12:33:33 PM5/27/21
to RadioEPG developers
Hi,

Looks it has been 4 years since anyone posted to this group! But I have been busy making and updating SI.xml files in the meantime.

I have been looking for a way of validating SI.xml files that I have generated using xmllint offline. I have found a solution to the problem:

It downloads a local copy of xml.xsd and spi_33.xsd and then combined.xsd is a wrapper for the two, that can be passed to xmllint:

  xmllint --nonet --noout --schema combined.xsd ./SI.xml

The only problem that I have found with this approach is that it displays a warning that the namespace has already been imported - which might be a little bit noisy.

I hope this is of use to someone...

nick.

Nick Piggott

Oct 28, 2021, 1:50:44 PM10/28/21
to RadioEPG developers
Hi Nick

That did actually prove useful recently. Whilst not an offline use case, I used this command line:

but I also had to edit the preamble in the SI.xml file to refer to 33 (not 31). The broken GeoRSS reference in 31 really is an annoyance.

Nick