Minimal SI Information

Mike Pilone

Aug 9, 2016, 10:11:14 AM8/9/16
to RadioEPG developers
What is the minimal set of SI information to make a valid/useful SI file? We're exploring a project "logo" to generate the minimum viable SI information for the stations we distribute to and I want to make sure I understand the most basic use case. From the schema point of view both the serviceProvider and service elements are 0 or more so that doesn't make it clear. My understanding is:

- serviceProvider
-- shortName
-- mediumName

- service
-- shortName
-- mediumName
-- genre
-- mediaDescription/multimedia (5 logos in IP delivery)

Anything else I missed?

Thanks,
-mike

Christian Winter

Aug 9, 2016, 10:18:14 AM8/9/16
to radioepg-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

Bearer Information for FM, DAB and IP would also be helpful to do DAB-Online and FM-Online linking. Besides Logos this is the main Hybrid Radio functionality

cheers

Christian

Andy Buckingham

Aug 9, 2016, 10:23:10 AM8/9/16
to RadioEPG Developers
Hi Mike,

As Christian says bearer information is very important.

Without it a radio device reading the SI will not know how to link the metadata to stations in its own reception list - it would just be an abstract list of services.

Andy.

Mike Pilone

Aug 9, 2016, 11:16:41 AM8/9/16
to RadioEPG developers
Thanks for the feedback, so it sounds like the minimal set would be:

- serviceProvider
-- shortName
-- mediumName

- service
-- shortName
-- mediumName
-- genre(s)
-- mediaDescription/multimedia (5 logos in IP delivery)
-- bearer(s)

-mike
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to radioepg-developers+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Nicholas Humfrey

Aug 9, 2016, 12:30:46 PM8/9/16
to radioepg-...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

The BBC implemented a fairly minimal set of the Service Information feature set:

I think the only non-manditory thing (for Project Logo) is the homepage link.

nick.

http://www.bbc.co.uk