RadioDNS Hybrid Radio Lookup - ETSI Standard Document for Review

Nick Piggott (RadioDNS)

May 15, 2014, 11:34:33 AM5/15/14
to radiodns-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

As RadioDNS has grown, it's become increasing important that our specification for an open hybrid radio system is adopted and standardised by a recognised standards body. This gives reassurance to manufacturers, especially automotive, that our standards are stable, reliable and have the longevity they need.

We have been invited to send our specification for hybrid radio to ETSI for standardisation. The work opened earlier this year, and I am pleased to say that we now have a document we believe is the version we should present to ETSI to become one of their standards.

The document is attached, with some brief covering notes. You're welcome to read and comment on it.

Alongside this standardisation of our main lookup process, we're also standardising RadioVIS and RadioEPG by merging them into established ETSI standards (TS101 499 and TS102 818 respectively). The proposed documents will be circulated onto the RadioVIS and RadioEPG Developers groups shortly by Ben and Robin, the Team Leaders.

Timetable

There is a RadioDNS Steering Board meeting on 29th May 2014, at which we want to send the document to ETSI for standardisation. Please can you post any comments on this list, or email them to me, by Friday 23rd May at 17:00 UTC.

There is a WorldDMB Technical Committee meeting on 22nd May 2014, where we expect them to lend their support to changing TS 101 499 and TS 102 818. If you have any comments, please send them onto the relevant lists by Wednesday 21st May 2014 at 12:00 UTC.

I'm really pleased that we've reached this point, and I'm looking forward to seeing these documents being published as ETSI standards.

Nick

ETSI RadioDNS Hybrid Radio Lookup - FINAL - 20140515.pdf

James Cridland

May 15, 2014, 12:22:24 PM5/15/14
to radiodns-...@googlegroups.com

This is a great step. Many congratulations, all.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RadioDNS developers" group.