Germany's Private Broadcasters Roll Out RadioDNS Nationally

Nick Piggott (RadioDNS)

Dec 9, 2013, 5:37:21 AM12/9/13
to radiodns-members, radiodns-developers
Hello,

We're really pleased to bring you some big news about one of our key countries, Germany.

VPRT, the trade body that represents the largest commercial broadcasters in Germany, has announced that some of Germany's biggest radio stations will be using RadioDNS from early 2014 to provide hybrid radio services to their listeners.

The details are in the attached press release.

From next year, in the UK and Germany the majority of private and public service broadcasters will be providing hybrid radio services using RadioDNS.

If you'd like to know more, you can contact Caroline in the RadioDNS project office (feed...@radiodns.org).

Nick
Chair

GermanysPrivateBroadcastersLaunchSmartRadiowithRadioDNS.pdf

Nicholas Humfrey

Dec 9, 2013, 10:13:50 AM12/9/13
to radiodns-...@googlegroups.com

Very interesting but which application/service are they rolling out – RadioVis?

Any manufacturers involved?

nick.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RadioDNS developers" group.

http://www.bbc.co.uk

Nick Piggott (RadioDNS)

Dec 9, 2013, 10:20:59 AM12/9/13
to radiodns-developers
Hi Nick,

They're expecting to roll out RadioVIS and RadioEPG. Some of those services are already live as test services.

As I understand it, there has been a lot of collaboration with the automotive industry in Germany, and we're aware of a number of manufacturers awaiting ETSI standardisation prior to announcing their integration(s).

Nick