Hybrid RadioDNS Architecture, Block diagram

AmaanJaani Shaik

Dec 3, 2015, 3:25:30 PM12/3/15
to RadioDNS developers
Hello All,

I am new to Hybrid Radio DNS, I need to develop app on Android,
can any one suggest me the documents and black diagram of Hybrid Radio DNS behavior,

Thanks in Advance :)

Andy Buckingham

Dec 4, 2015, 7:22:43 AM12/4/15
to RadioDNS Developers Group
Hi and welcome to the RadioDNS Developers Group.

All the documentation for RadioDNS is available on the website:
https://radiodns.org/developers/documentation/

Is there a specific area you are interested in, or a problem you are
trying to solve?

Thanks,

Andy.
> --
> --
> ---
> "RadioDNS developers" group.
> email to radiodns-develo...@googlegroups.com.

AmaanJaani Shaik

Dec 4, 2015, 7:57:04 AM12/4/15
to RadioDNS developers
Hello Andy,
Thanks for your reply, yes I am looking into RadioDNS developer site , actually problem is I want to know how Radio will interact with RadioDNS and how response  will be?
can we have any blog diagram for this, actually I am unable to figure out in RadioDNS site, so please can you suggest me more if possible,

Help me out , hope to hear you  forward,

Regards,
Amaan

On 3 December 2015 at 09:06, AmaanJaani Shaik <imj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am new to Hybrid Radio DNS, I need to develop app on Android,
> can any one suggest me the documents and black diagram of Hybrid Radio DNS
> behavior,
>
> Thanks in Advance :)
>
> --
> --
> ---
> "RadioDNS developers" group.

Andy Buckingham

Dec 4, 2015, 8:08:48 AM12/4/15
to RadioDNS Developers Group
Hi Amaan,

I’m not sure I fully understand your question.

I assume from your earlier mention of Android, you are developing for a smartphone handset. The basics of a RadioDNS lookup requires parameters from the radio device on the handset to be used to create a domain name which is looked up via DNS, for example the frequency and some RDS values.

The logic to get this information from the radio would have to be implemented by yourself. To perform the lookup, there is a Java API for RadioDNS available on GitHub:

https://github.com/radiodns/java-radiodns

Once you have information via this lookup it is then possible to use one of several applications such as Slideshow or EPG, or your own custom application. These are covered in the separate application specifications.

There’s a brief overview video of the RadioDNS concept and how it works here (from 3m 44s explains the lookup specifically):

https://youtu.be/DQcveCjxrCc?t=3m44s

Andy.
> > radiodns-develo...@googlegroups.com
> > For more options, visit this group at
> > http://groups.google.com/group/radiodns-developers?hl=en
> > ---
> > "RadioDNS developers" group.
> > email to radiodns-develo...@googlegroups.com.
>
> --
> --
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RadioDNS developers" group.

AmaanJaani Shaik

Dec 7, 2015, 11:03:43 PM12/7/15
to RadioDNS developers
Thanks Andy fro your valuable Answer, you helped me a lot, I will go through this Video as well as git-hub code ,
actually I am looking for RadioDNS architecture (block diagram),
But your answer really help me out for more , Hope to here you forward more from you ...

Thanks Andy,

Amaan..
> > For more options, visit this group at
> > http://groups.google.com/group/radiodns-developers?hl=en
> > ---
> > "RadioDNS developers" group.
>
> --

Ben Poor

Dec 8, 2015, 4:50:09 AM12/8/15
to radiodns-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amaan,

There really isn't a RadioDNS architecture in terms of any hosted implementation. Its more about using the existing DNS system in a way that works for Broadcasters.

The RadioDNS organisation currently hosts a DNS database - thats all it provides. The documentation on the RadioDNS site is the best place to start.

Ben

> > For more options, visit this group at
> > http://groups.google.com/group/radiodns-developers?hl=en
> > ---
> > "RadioDNS developers" group.
>
> --
> --

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RadioDNS developers" group.

Nicholas Humfrey

Dec 8, 2015, 5:10:45 AM12/8/15
to radiodns-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

How about this as a block diagram, giving an overview of the RadioDNS eco-system?
Anything missing/inaccurate?

Arrows indicate flow of information (not request/response).

An individual broadcaster may choose to run multiple applications on a single physical server, or implement something a lot more complex with many servers, multiple data centres and load balancers. Or use a third party service provider that provides services to multiple broadcasters from shared infrastructure.

nick.

AmaanJaani Shaik

Dec 9, 2015, 11:21:25 PM12/9/15
to RadioDNS developers
Thanks Nick, Yes I am exactly looking for same type of block diagrams for RadioDNS,

Actually I wanna develop one android application on RadioDNS, so before start I wanna learn Android app to DNS server connection (how android app  will receive data from server, data parsing between server and app ),

@Ben, Yes I am going through RadoiDNS site also, but I need some experts advice/knowledge to learn more,

Hope to here you forward, thanks to all,

Amaan.
> > For more options, visit this group at
> > http://groups.google.com/group/radiodns-developers?hl=en
> > ---