ANN: RadioDNS resolution library for node.js

Nicholas Humfrey

Apr 12, 2017, 7:14:38 AM4/12/17
to radiodns-...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Further to my announcement about a RadioVis STOMP server written in node.js, I am pleased to announce that the BBC has released an Open Source implementation of a RadioDNS resolver, written for node.js:

The library supports taking broadcast system parameters and resolving them to a hostname and port number:

var params = {
  system: 'fm',
  frequency: 95.8,
  pi: 'c479',
  gcc: 'ce1'
}

radiodns.resolveApplication(params, 'radiovis', function (err, result) {
  console.log(result)
})
The library has also been published to NPM:

Feedback, bug reports and Pull Requests would be very welcome.

nick.

----------------------------

http://www.bbc.co.uk

---------------------

Nicholas Humfrey

Apr 19, 2017, 9:20:23 AM4/19/17
to radiodns-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have just published version 1.2.0 that now has support for resolving the Global Country Code (gcc). So you can pass in either an RDS ECC (Extended Country Code) or ISO country code:

var params = {
  system: 'fm',
  frequency: 95.8,
  pi: 'c479',
  ecc: 'e1'
}

radiodns.resolveApplication(params, 'radiovis', function (err, result) {
  console.log(result)
})

Nick.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RadioDNS developers" group.