RadioDNS Fourth General Assembly - February 2011

Nick Piggott (RadioDNS)

Jan 11, 2011, 1:34:47 PM1/11/11
to radiodns...@googlegroups.com, radiodns...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

This email tells you about some important events for RadioDNS in February 2011.

GENERAL ASSEMBLY

The Fourth General Assembly of RadioDNS is to be held at the European Broadcasting Union, Geneva on Tuesday 15th February 2011 at 14:30 CET.

You are all welcome to attend, either in person, or via teleconference / web-conferencing.

Space in the meeting room is limited, and we must give preference to our members first, but anyone is welcome to join by teleconference.

The General Assembly is the most important RadioDNS meeting of the year, where you can see everything the organisation has been doing, and ask questions about its running and the future direction. The members and supporters of RadioDNS are key to its success, and this is your meeting.

You can view the draft Agenda here, and register here.

(Please put "telephone" or "web" in the comments of the registration form if you would like to attend by teleconference or webinar).

STEERING BOARD ELECTIONS

The steering board is elected for one year terms. There will be an election in the week prior to the General Assembly, and the results will be announced at the meeting.

Only MEMBERS of RadioDNS can stand for, or cast votes for, the Steering Board, the roles of Chairperson and Secretary. MEMBERS will be contacted shortly to make nominations, and with the voting process.

RADIODNS TECHNICAL WORKSHOP (HACKDAY)

The EBU will also be hosting a hands-on technical workshop in Geneva on the morning of 15th February. This is a *hands-on* event, which is intended for programmers and developers who want to hack and develop code against the various RadioDNS standards.

Space will be limited to approximately 30 people (and their laptops). Priority will be given to RadioDNS Members, and we may have to restrict attendance to 2 people per organisation/company if the workshop is oversubscribed. You can register here.

We look forward to welcoming you (either in person, or virtually) to one or more of our events, and to progressing hybrid radio with you in 2011.

Nick Piggott
Chairperson
RadioDNS