radioberry juice board

pa3gsb

Jan 19, 2021, 7:02:27 AM1/19/21
to Radioberry
Hi

A first version drawing of a new radioberry board is now available.

Please look through and give your comments.

The interface between the FT2323 and the radioberry needs some additonal control lines; so for  the radiobery beta1 ... 4 there is some shortage of pins to make use the 8 data bits (max of 4 is now achievable).
There are more pins available on the raspberry pi for connection to the radioberry; but than a beta 5 is needed.

Have fun

73 Johan
PA3GSB
radioberry-juice.pdf

Radioberry

Jan 19, 2021, 2:48:52 PM1/19/21
to Radioberry
RBJPCB.JPG

further progress....

charudatt

Jan 20, 2021, 11:10:42 AM1/20/21
to Radioberry

Greetings Johan,

We are about to group build Beta4 design and were wondering if by use of Stackable Pins for the Raspberry Pi, we could accommodate this HAT.

We have not yet started the build were busy collecting parts for it.

You refer to Beta5 layout, so we want to know if its wise to wait for it ? if we sacrifice a little time , would that benefit us ?

Regards

Charudatt VU2UPX.

Jan 20, 2021, 2:08:59 PM1/20/21
to Radioberry

Hi Charudatt,

I do have no timeline for the development of the radioberry.

If you need to wait depends i think on your requirements?

The radioberry in combination with the raspberry pi gives you a good  performing radio!

This new radioberry juice board under construction will offer:

-  higher  datastreams
-  most important one is to make use of an other SBC or PC.

This juice board needs also some development iterations and also changes!

The beta 4 is the first target to connect to the juice board.

I think starting with beta 4 will give you a nice little radio!

73 Johan
PA3GSB