Nice development...

pa3gsb

Nov 24, 2020, 11:49:57 AM11/24/20
to Radioberry
Hi All,

Deepu  (VU3TLD) shared his latest work.

The PA board  version1.5 and the filter board version 1.3 are available.

Have fun

73 Johan
PA3GSB

Mike Richards

Nov 24, 2020, 11:56:50 AM11/24/20
to Radioberry
Hi Johan,

That looks to be exactly what I was hoping for. Makes the RadioBerry into a very neat transceiver.

Once the prototype has settled, I'd be very happy to run a group buy for the PCBs.

Regards,

Mike - G4WNC

Tokio

Nov 24, 2020, 7:25:30 PM11/24/20
to Radioberry
Hi Johan, Deepu

Thank you for your work about a neat stacked transceiver.

Here is my concern about this stacking picture:
Is the gap between the top Radioberry board and just under Raspberry pi4 correct for the heat dissipation?
I've read somewhere AD9866's augmented heating as well as FPGA, no need to say Rpi4 CPU's high temperature.
Isn't there a need to have more space between the two boards?

73,
Tokio
ja1cca

2020年11月25日水曜日 1:56:50 UTC+9 mi...@photobyte.org:

Radioberry

Nov 25, 2020, 11:08:01 AM11/25/20
to Radioberry
Tokio

Some time ago i did a repair for Cees PD0SBC he used some jumper extension and a nice alu case; which kept the RPI below 40 celcius.

alu-case.jpg

73 Johan
PA3GSB

Tokio