SDR#

Peter Hiltz

Aug 2, 2022, 10:01:34 PM8/2/22
to Radioberry
All,

Anyone have any experience using SRD Sharp on Radioberry?

It receives - be sure to install the gateware first - but have yet to determine if it transmits and has the same PTT pull down as pihdsdr does.

SDR Sharp has some advantages for the 630 and 2200 meter band from my initial inspection.

Any expert advice from one who has traveled this path before would be appreciated.

73,

Pete, WV3S

Kristofer Danner

Aug 3, 2022, 1:59:26 AM8/3/22
to Radioberry
Hi Pete, I'd be interested to hear what software advantages you are seeing.

One thing I can tell you is T402 is less than ideal at those frequencies. On the HL2 several of us have replaced that with a hand wound transformer which will improve low frequency sensitivity. Details here:  https://groups.google.com/g/hermes-lite/c/fQtf4mi88IE/m/3Maaxfc1AQAJ

However, the RB2 board does not have enough real estate to do this modification.

KD