Re: pihpsdr - fails to find gpio8

Message has been deleted

pa3gsb

Aug 3, 2021, 3:38:56 PM8/3/21
to Radioberry
John

Pins are in use by radioberry.

for cw some pins available:

The juice board in development http://www.pa3gsb.nl/2021/05/31/radioberry-juice/ would give you the possiblity to use all the gpio pins.

73 Johan

PA3GSB

Op dinsdag 3 augustus 2021 om 17:41:29 UTC+2 schreef jdhy...@gmail.com:
Have just completed RPI4 installs of latest driver and software. I used the provided script to install pihpsdr as well. It sees the radioberry on both lo and eth0 ports. But it fails to start when either is selected.
When run from command line, it concludes with failure:
setup_pin: pin=3 up_down=2
setup_pin: pin=2 up_down=2
setup_pin: pin=4 up_down=2
setup_pin: pin=5 up_down=2
gpio: Unable to open GPIO direction interface for pin 8: No such file or directory
wiringPiISR: unable to open /sys/class/gpio/gpio8/value: No such file or directory
pi@PiBerryRadio:~ $

Running from the desktop GUI and selecting the GPIO settings, I do not even see pin 8 at all. Any suggestions?
-thanks
John
K2HJ

GPIO.JPG

John Hysell

Aug 3, 2021, 4:51:14 PM8/3/21
to Radioberry
Progress. I blew my install away and started over from scratch (now that I sort of know what I am doing...)
This time, I did not select the remote CW option, and I made certain to follow the instructions carefully.
Now I have PIHPSDR working, and can access the device over my LAN with SDR-CONSOLE.
(In both cases, I hear no signals on any band using a short 2m magmount whip. The HackRF One picks up a fair
amount of traffic with that whip, so I am curious if my receiver is bad or just somewhat deaf. - I will connect a
decent antenna [perhaps the 43-foot vertical] tomorrow...)
73
John   K2HJ

John Hysell

Aug 5, 2021, 12:16:37 PM8/5/21
to Radioberry
I attached the radioberry system to my 43-foot vertical and now I can pick up quite a bit of activity.
So it appears that it works - just not as sensitive as a hackRFone.
On to the next task - add a pre-amp so I can drive a 2 watt amp.
73
John
K2HJ

pa3gsb

Aug 5, 2021, 3:19:27 PM8/5/21
to Radioberry
John

You have seen the RX gain slider in pihpsdr; the AD9866 does contain a -12 to 48db gain setting in the RX path

73
Johan