Chinese clone RB - help

瀏覽次數:266 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

G4ZAL

未讀,
2021年6月6日 下午4:48:252021/6/6
收件者:Radioberry
Hello group,
I just received my Chinese clone radioberry (v2 beta4 board) from Aliexpress and have set it up on a brand new R-pi4.
Below is a pic showing where the supplier has removed C256 and cut the track connectiong the via to the FPGA and there is no short of the 3v3 line to the FPGA pin 53

RB-orig.jpg

When running up pihpsdr, I only get as per the image below (the firmware is loaded OK)
RB1.jpg

I installed the R-Pi DEV software as per Johan's git page, here

Can anyone give any clue as to where my problem is?
Maybe I should just open a dispute/claim with the Aliexpress seller?

The r-pi4 and pihpsdr is working OK as it finds & runs my Hermes-Lite2 just fine ;-)

Thanks in advance
Nigel,  G4ZAL

Manfred Brederlow

未讀,
2021年6月7日 凌晨3:01:372021/6/7
收件者:Radioberry
Hello Nigel,

are the ground planes of the FPGA and AD9866 connected to the ground of the board?

73Manfred
DB2OJ

Ujjwal John

未讀,
2021年6月7日 凌晨4:39:002021/6/7
收件者:G4ZAL、Radioberry
Hi Nigel,
If you are running the PiHPSDR on the same Raspberry Pi on which Radioberry is mounted, please ensure you disabled GPIO and CW options while building PiHPSDR. Apart from cases of HW issue from populating the board, this same issue occurs when PiHPSDR options conflict with GPIO used by Radioberry firmware. Before that you can try to open Radioberry from a Sdrconsole / SDRSharp running a seperate machine, connected to the Radioberry thru LAN / Wifi. If you still see the same FFT, then there is an issue with Firmware install  or hardware.

All the best and 73
Ujjwal , VU3ECN

Ujjwal

G4ZAL

未讀,
2021年6月7日 清晨6:14:452021/6/7
收件者:Radioberry
Hi Manfred,
Yes, the grounds are soldered (not great, but definitely soldered).

Hi Ujjwal,
You are on the money!
I ran Quisk on my Windows PC (already configured for an HL2) and it found and connected to the RB2/pi4 over my LAN just fine (good tip for testing!)
I then reconfigured piHPSDR on the R-Pi4 without local CW and it now works OK too.

My thanks to others who contacted me direct.

Now to have some fun...!

Is there any info on using QRP-Labs band pass filters and small PA+Low Pass filters with the RB2?

Nigel
G4ZAL

Ravi Miranda

未讀,
2021年6月7日 清晨6:26:062021/6/7
收件者:G4ZAL、Radioberry
Hi Nigel,

Have a look at this thread:

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/radioberry/a8ca8e09-c5de-4f75-8b57-4ec293d0d482n%40googlegroups.com.

According to the post:

Hope this helps.

Ravi/M0RVI

--
I'm here to add more value to the world than I'm using up.
回覆所有人